Water quality in the U.S. has been making national headlines, which may have you considering filtration options more seriously and exploring options available to you. However, with so many options available, it can be hard to understand the pros and cons of each. A well known and popular option is a water softener. A good water softener is one of those appliances that truly makes life a little bit easier because the system takes on some of your workload and makes your home a healthier place to live. There are so many great reasons to invest in a water softener as a solution for filtration, you’ll never regret the decision to install it.
Anyone living with hard water knows that your expenses are higher and your chores are harder because the buildup from the hard minerals in the water require extra soaps and detergents, energy and manual labor to remove. We have a few different models of water softeners to choose from, so no matter what, your home can be fitted with the perfect size and power that you need. All in all, we think you’ll agree with the many other folks who’ve experienced the change from hard water, and that you will love the life changes that softened water can bring.
Once you get a good water softener, you will wonder how you ever lived without it. How a water softener works will not only make you look and feel better on the outside, you’ll actually be happier with more time to spend doing things you love rather than cleaning and scrubbing anything around the house that your hard water touches. A recent article from Homesteading Freedom lists many reasons why installing a water softener at home is a good idea, and here are 10 of our favorites:
1. Your clothes will feel extra clean and soft, look great and will last even longer by having them washed in soft water.
2. A water softener makes your skin softer and your hair healthier by flushing away bacteria easier and keeping your skin and hair in good condition.
3. Water-utilizing appliances such as your washing machine, dishwashers, and humidifiers will last longer and work more efficiently with softened water, since they are less likely to become clogged and have issues from mineral formation.
4. Your water will taste better since a water softener will filter out minerals that can cause unpleasant tastes and smells.
5. Soft water helps prevent plumbing repairs. With hard water, minerals build up, making pipes more apt to break, clog or need repair.
6. Softened water can help save you money. You’ll spend less on soaps and detergents, energy bills and repairs or replacement of appliances.
7. Soft water will keep your kitchen utensils and dishes from having water spots on them, making them nicer to look at and easier to clean.
8. Heating systems work more efficiently with soft water.
9. Soft water can help prevent skin issues such as eczema.
10. With all the money you save with soft water, your water softener will pay for itself in 2-4 years.
There are so many reasons why a water softener is a smart decision aside from the filtration, but now it’s time for you to decide for yourself. We have plenty of information about our water softening products on our website. When you’ve had a chance to do your research, give us a call and let us know you’re ready to start saving time and money! Who knows, it might just be the solution to your water problems you didn’t know you needed.